Professional care and attention is given to Senior Citizens through Assisted Care Centre. Some of the seniors may suffer either from long term or short-term disabilities. The long-term disabilities maybe age related geriatric problems and short-term disabilities could be after undergoing a knee/hip surgery or heart surgery etc. Some of them may need assistance in doing their daily chores like bathing, toileting etc.
- The rehabilitation assistance for these ailments requires either continuous or temporary support by Nurse/Care Givers/ Physiotherapists or other trained personnel. The assistance required includes toileting, bathing, administering medicines, physiotherapy, hospital visits for periodic check up and encouragement to lead an active life in spite of these disabilities.
- CovaiCare moves such Senior Citizens to the specially created Assisted Care Centre in the city were Covai retirement communities are all functional and, they will be given professional care and attention.
- Assisted Care Centres are on the model of “Pay and Use” since the care required may be short or long term.
- Assisted Care Centres (ACC) by CovaiCare will be available in Coimbatore (Covai Chinmayam Senior Care Centre & Covai Ultra Senior Care Centre), Pune (Little Earth Covai Senior Care Centre), Bangalore (Urbana Irene Senior Care Centre by Covai) and Mysore (Covai @ Tapovan Solace Senior Care Centre).
- At Pune and Bangalore, until the 20/30 bedded Assisted Care Centre becomes available, we have plans for converting 2 X 2 BHK apartments into Care Centres to take care of Seniors needing Assisted Care