Team CovaiCare has developed an unique model wherein Senior Citizens with Persons with Disabilities (PsWD) can live in select Covai Senior Care Centres with their Special Child (who may be an adult) in their premises and after their time, they will be taken care of by CovaiCare.
- A certain percentage of CovaiCare inventory is reserved for such Senior Citizens
- The eligibility criteria is screened by a team of Doctors, Social Organizations dealing with Special Children (NGO’s)
- The Senior Citizens invest in a dwelling and stay with the PsWD
- We have an Activity Centre for the PsWD and those who can pursue any vocation inside or outside the Senior Care Centre are encouraged to do the work that they like
- At the apex level we have CovaiCare trust which is a public trust. At the respective Senior Care Centres we have the Community Trust. The Trustees include four of the parents of PsWD, a senior executive from CovaiCare, one senior citizen from the community and one more who will be selected based on the composition of the PsWD
- After the demise of the parents, the property is sold at Market Rate by CovaiCare Trust and, the money is parked in the Beneficiary Trust of the respective PsWD
- The PsWD is moved to a hostel, which will be made available on payment of a refundable deposit by CovaiCare Trust
- During the lifetime of the parents, the PsWD is slowly made to live in his allotted room in the hostel
- The PsWD is taken care of by the Care Givers and the Trustees throughout their life
- The functioning of the Community Trust is subject to Third Party Audit and the local Guardian or Trustee of each of the PsWD, whom the parents have to nominate as per law, can also visit them and give their feedback, which will be recorded
- Only the interest from the sale of the dwelling will be used for the expenses of the PsWD including care, catering, hospital expenses etc and record of all expenses will be kept and audited
- It is mandatory for all PsWD to have Medical Insurance Policy as far as possible
- Should the PWD require additional money to meet his or her hospital expenses the same will be given as donation by CovaiCare Trust. Under no circumstances the principal amount will be touched since the interest from that principal will be required for taking care of the PWD until his or her lifetime
- On the demise of the PsWD, the Trust will return the principal and balance of interest earned to the nominee. The parents of the PsWD may wish to donate some amount to the CovaiCare Trust as gratis. However, there is no compulsion
The Master Document on Persons With Disabilities (PsWD) Care by CovaiCare and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) are available, please click on the below download link.