Ponneri, a suburb to the north of Chennai in Thiruvallur District. Moving fast on the road to setting up the proposed Smart City at Ponneri, the Japan International Cooperation Agency has prepared a master plan that envisages development of auto components industry, machinery, computers, electronic and optical components spread across 22,000 acres of land at a total cost of Rs 32,713 crore. The best thing about this place is its proximity to tourism sites like Pulicat Lake and Sriharikota.Also, with the advantage of kattupalli and kamarajar ports in the vicinity, employment opportunities stand a good chance to attract new settlers. Ponneri has a well established Road Network, Railway station, Renowned Educational Institutions,temples and Medical Facilities, in close proximity to national Highway and Sea ports. Apart from the local work hubs in Ponneri, Gummidipundi SIPCOT and SIDCO Industrial Parks are also a growth corridor in terms of the job market. Small businesses also thrive and non-local businessmen have migrated to Ponneri due to affordable costs.
Future of Ponneri
- Ponneri would soon spring up as a popular residential locality because outer ring road (ORR).
- Ponneri will be developed as a smart city in three phases over the next 20 years.
- Infrastructure is set for a big boost once the investment for the smart city pours in.
- Work on a metro rail and the outer ring road connecting the port to the Grand Southern Trunk (GST) road is already underway.
- Job market is already in place with gummidipundi SIPCOT & SIDCO industrial parks, Kattupalli port & Ennore port. And once the automotive and machinery hubs are set up, more jobs will come flooding in.
- Ponneri is great for buyers as already top developers in India have launched projects in Ponneri to capitalize on rising demand.