Grated coconut : 400gms
Sugar : 250gms
Milk : 125ml
Cardamom Powder : ½tsp
Ghee : 4tps
1. Heat a kadai and add coconut.
2. Add sugar and milk
3. Stir well until combined and brink the mixture to a boil.
4. Sugar melts and the entire mixtures turns gooey, then reduce the flame and cook until the milk and sugar evaporates, this takes about 15mins on a medium low heat.
5. Add cardamom powder, again cook it stirring every now and then until the moisture evaporates.
6. Add 4tps ghee and then stir it continuously nonstop to dry up the moisture.
7. To check if it is done press down with a spatula, there should be no excess moisture in the coconut burfi mixture, if you find, there is more moisture then cook for a little longer.
8. When it is done, the mixture turns dense sticky dry heavy and very aromatic, the mixture will also leave the kadai, for a completely soft set burfi.
9. Transfer this to the greased tray and press down with a spatula.
10. Allow to cool down and set for 4 hours then cut the burfi to squares.
Mr Sivansakthi Perumal